This Thermomix Baked Almond Rice Pudding is a delicious dessert for Christmas time or just on a cold winter’s day. Perfect for the whole family.
Rice pudding has been in my family since I was a small girl. I used to make this recipe with my grandma almost every weekend but we used normal milk. When I tried it with almond milk I was super surprised how much tastier it could get and absolutely dairy free which makes it even better. The cinnamon stick and vanilla pod add so much flavour and I love it just sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar or cherry compote. What a treat.
If you want to prepare it in advance, you can bake it for only 1.5 hours and then finish it off freshly before your guests are arriving. If you want to spice it up a little, add some apple pieces or cherries into the rice mixture before baking. Raspberries would be great for the summer.
Thermomix Baked Almond Rice Pudding
- 20g plant based margarine (or unsalted butter)
- 200g pudding rice (or arborio rice)
- 1000g almond milk (or whole milk)
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat the oven to 150C / 130C Fan / Gas Mark 2. Grease an ovenproof dish with margarine.
- Place the pudding rice (or arborio rice), almond milk, caster sugar and scraped out seeds of vanilla pod in the mixing bowl. Combine 10 Sec. / Reverse Speed 2.5. Pour the mixture into the tin and decorate with the scraped out vanilla pod and cinnamon stick. Bake for 2 hours until you can see a brown skin at the top and the rice is creamy. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the rice to continue cooking for a while. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and cherry compote. Enjoy!