This Thermomix Flammkuchen is the quickest possible pizza you can make at home and it hardly requires any effort. The toppings are endless and the taste factor is incredibly crunchy!
Flammkuchen is my saviour and I make it all the time when I am in a hurry and wanted something delicious for dinner super fast. It is such a nice way of eating pizza without yeast and puffy pizza dough. It’s thin, its crisp and there are endless possibilities for toppings. The classic Flammkuchen is made with onions, bacon and sour cream but I like it slightly more varied. For this Thermomix flammkuchen I used leek instead because I find it produces such a nice and sweet flavour and decorated the finished pizza with fresh parma ham.
The base is made with sour cream but you can equally go for a tomato base. The cheese I used for topping is a classic Gruyere cheese but any nice and mature cheese that will melt nicely is good.
- 250g plain flour
- 30g sunflower oil
- 120g lukewarm water
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 large leek
- 100g gruyere cheese
- 200g sour cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 100g parma ham
- 1 handful watercress
- Place the flour, oil, water and salt in the mixing bowl. Knead 2 Min. / Kneading function. Tip the mixture onto a piece of cling film and wrap tightly into a disc. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the leek into 1/2 cm chunks and set aside.
- Place the gruyere cheese in the mixing bowl and chop 5 Sec. / Speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250C / 230C Fan / Gas Mark 10.
- Once the dough has rested, uncover and tip onto a floured surface. Cut the disc in half and roll each piece out into a very thin (no more than 0.3cm thick) rectangle that fits a large baking tray. The thinner it is, the better it will taste. Place each rectangle onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and prick several times with a fork.
- Evenly spread the sour cream over both bases and scatter over the dried oregano and black pepper. Now you can top each pizza with the leeks and cheese. Make sure not to use too much otherwise the pizza will be soggy. Bake each pizza for 5-10 minutes until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Decorate with the parma ham slices and watercress and serve immediately!