These super yummy and delicious Thermomix Kimchi and Cheese Sourdough Toasties are an awesome way to use up any leftover homemade sourdough bread. The spiciness of the kimchi teams perfectly with the melted cheese and the crispy toasted sourdough. Perfect for any meal or a cheeky snack. You could also add some crispy bacon to take it to the next level!! I have a whole Kimchi masterclass available on the blog here. You should go check it out and make your own kimchi. It is epic.
Thermomix Kimchi and Cheese Sourdough Toasties
- 100g mature cheddar, in large chunks
- 50g unsalted butter
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 100g kimchi (find a great recipe here)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Place the cheese in the Thermomix mixing bowl. Grate 5 Sec. / Speed 9. Remove and transfer into a bowl. Set aside.
- Butter the sourdough slices on each side. Place the kimchi onto 2 slices of bread and sprinkle with most of the cheese and chives. Sandwich with the other two slices and sprinkle some extra cheese on top if you like it cheesy.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or a large cast iron skillet until hot. Place the sandwiches in the pan and, using a heat proof bowl as a weight, press them down until nicely melted and browned. Flip over and repeat until golden brown and all the cheese is melted properly.
- Slice each toastie in half and serve hot. Enjoy!