I absolutely adore lemon curd and there is no right or wrong time of the year to just enjoy it on your toast or as part of an epic cake. This Thermomix Lemon Curd with Thyme is such an easy and versatile recipe. You could of course leave out the thyme if you wish but I find it brings a nice freshness to the recipe. You can serve your curd over ice cream or in a delicious sweet short crust pastry topped with fresh berries. So many options and so much flavour, the choice is yours.
Thermomix Lemon Curd with Thyme
- 180g caster sugar
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, sprigs removed
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 100g lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 120g unsalted butter, in small chunks
- For the lemon curd, place the caster sugar, thyme and lemon zest in the Thermomix bowl and chop 20 Sec. / Speed 10. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a spatula.
- Insert the butterfly whisk attachment. Add the lemon juice, eggs and butter to the mixing bowl. Cook 14 Min. / 80C / Speed 3.
- Pour into sterilised jars, allow to cool. Enjoy!