These Thermomix Peppermint Brownies are the gooiest and most delicious treats you can put out for your visitors as a sweet nibble. So amazing.
There is something special about brownies and although I have many amazing brownie recipes on the blog, this is by far the most indulgent one. It is perfect for Christmas time when family gathers and you just can’t help but nibble all the time. Put these brownies flavoured with delicious peppermint on a lovely plate along with some Christmas biscuits and let everyone tuck in. They’ll never want to leave without knowing the recipe, that’s for sure.
Thermomix Peppermint Brownies
- 100g white chocolate, in small chunks
- 100g almonds or pecan nuts
- 200g dark chocolate, in small chunks
- 200g unsalted butter, in small cubes
- 200g maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 100g plain flour (or gluten free plain flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or a few drops peppermint essential oils)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper and place in the freezer. This will help cook the brownies to perfection.
- Place the white chocolate in the mixing bowl. Chop 3 Sec. / Speed 8. Transfer into a small bowl and freeze as well. White chocolate melts quicker than dark chocolate so freezing it now will help to keep a better texture for the brownies.
- Place the almonds or pecan nuts in the mixing bowl. Chop 2 Sec. / Speed 5. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces into the mixing bowl and chop 5 Sec. / Speed 8. Scrape down using your spatula and add the butter. Melt 2 1/2 Min. / 50C / Speed 2. Add the maple syrup, eggs, plain flour, baking powder and peppermint extract. Combine 20 Sec. / Speed 5. Scrape the mixture and pop the air bubble if one has formed. Add the frozen white chocolate and chopped nuts and fold under with your spatula. Remove the tray from the freezer and fill the brownie mixture into the tray. Spread evenly and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week (if they can last that long). Enjoy!