This is the quickest and easiest Thermomix Rosemary Lemon Focaccia that you can make. Only takes minutes and is so delicious.
Focaccia is one of those Italian breads that sounds much more complicated than it is. I love making a nice focaccia for snacks or even for dinner. Sometimes I add some sun-dried tomatoes or cherry tomatoes or even some olives. It is almost like a fluffy pizza bread.
With this Thermomix Rosemary Lemon Focaccia your next Italian night is going to be a hit. Serve it sliced with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip or slice it up and fill it with some pancetta ham and pecorino cheese. The leftovers are great for the next day as sandwiches. The dough is quite wet so it is always important to handle it with lots of olive oil on your hands and place greaseproof paper underneath the dough so that you don’t need to transfer any dough later on.
Thermomix Rosemary Lemon Focaccia
- 350g water
- 20g olive oil + extra for greasing
- 1 Tbsp dry active yeast (or 30g fresh yeast)
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stalks removed
- To make the dough, place the water, olive oil and dry active yeast in the mixing bowl. Warm 2 Min. / 37°C / Speed 2.5.
- Add the flour, salt, 3/4 of the lemon zest and 3/4 of the rosemary sprigs and knead 2 Min. / Kneading Function.
- Transfer the mixture into an oiled glass bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper that fits the baking tray on the worktop.
- Uncover the dough and tip onto the greaseproof paper. Slightly oil your hands and drizzle some oil over the dough. Flatten with your hands to fit the greaseproof paper and leave to rise for another hour. The surface should be covered lightly in oil. If not, cover the dough with a tea towel.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan / Gas Mark 8. Place a large rectangular baking tray in the oven to pre-heat as well.
- Once proved, make finger indentations across the dough by pushing in your finger tips. Then decorate with the remaining lemon zest and rosemary sprigs.
- Remove the tray fro the oven and carefully transfer the focaccia on it. Bake for 20-25 minutes until baked and fluffy. Leave to cool slightly before slicing, enjoy!