Ok, let’s just say strawberries and cheesecake are already amazing but combine that to make an ice cream and you’ve got yourself a treat. This Thermomix Strawberry Cheesecake Ice cream is so good, I could just bathe in it. Well not literally but it is so tasty and full of amazing flavours. Gorgeous strawberry jam is swirled through the decadent cheesecake ice cream, it’s a match made in heaven. If you don’t have time to make your own strawberry jam you can also use shop bought jam. Serve it with a digestive biscuit to top it all off.
Thermomix Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 400g fresh strawberries, hulled (or frozen strawberries, thawed)
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp liquid pectin (or 1 lemon, juice)
- 300g double cream (or thickened cream)
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 tsp cream of tartar
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g cream cheese
- For the jam, place strawberries, sugar and liquid pectin or lemon juice in the mixing bowl and chop 5 Sec. / Speed 5. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula and cook 25 Min. / Varoma / Speed 1 / no measuring cup. Use the simmering basket instead on top of the lid to avoid splashes but set it slightly ajar so that the jam does not overflow. Transfer the mixture into a small bowl and leave to cool completely.
- Clean the mixing bowl throughly. For the ice cream, insert butterfly whisk. Place the double cream in the mixing bowl and whisk on Speed 4 until stiff, watching carefully to avoid over whipping (this could take anywhere from 20-45 seconds). Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until needed. Clean the mixing bowl and butterfly whisk throughly. There cannot be any residue of fat, otherwise your eggs won’t whip well.
- Insert butterfly whisk into the mixing bowl. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in the mixing bowl. Whisk 3 Min. / 37C / Speed 3.5. Whisk again 2 Min. / 37C / Speed 3 while slowly adding the caster sugar through the hole in the mixing bowl lid, a teaspoon at a time. Scrape down the bowl with spatula and whisk again 20 Sec. / Speed 3. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Without cleaning the bowl, insert butterfly whisk again. Place the egg yolks & cream cheese in the mixing bowl and mix 1 Min. / Speed 4. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Add the meringue and whipped cream to the large bowl and gently fold in the the whipped cream and meringue mixture with a spatula until it is all combined but still fluffy.
- To assemble, place the mixture into a freezable container and swirl through 2/3 of the strawberry jam mixture. Freeze overnight and serve the next day with some more strawberry jam and digestive biscuits. Enjoy!